Local
Business
Sports
Leisure
BM
Kadazan Dusun
EDUCATION
ECO
Archives
Latest News
 
Nst-studio
Sabah getting popular for incentive tourism - Liew |  Sabah to proceed with TAED and dam |  Peter wants Tambadau fans to be the 12th man |  SOSKK: Scrap the Tanjung Aru Eco Development (TAED) Project |  Four teens charged with murder of eatery owner |  Resort gives international boost to Sabah indigenous handicrafts |  Bagas PPD Ranau pinili mamaramit ‘Tokoh Guru’ |  Duvo mananakau i sumuang hamin nasagkom id Sandakan |  Komontilian Kohidasan pokionuon mongintong ahal koumohigan om kohidasan pakalaja |  Developing Sabah education system via federal and related agencies support |  Petronas Chemicals and Scomi to jointly develop, market chemical solutions |  DirectD launches Huawei purchase awareness campaign |  Lim: Inheritance tax will not be imposed in Budget 2020 |  Program kebudayaan mampu mantapkan perpaduan masyarakat |  Eddika juara Mr Kaamatan, Petra johan Unduk Ngadau anjuran Keningau Mall | 
 Local

Swift action saves lives

3rd August, 2016

By JAMES LEONG

SANDAKAN: Disaster was averted thanks to the swift response of two brothers and their neighbours when fire broke out in a room on the ground floor of their house in Taman Indah Jaya yesterday.

The blaze was believed to have been sparked off by a lit mosquito coil placed under a bed in the room. The fire grew quickly due to boxes, cloths and papers kept under the bed.

The two siblings, aged in their 20s, evacuated their wheelchair bound grandmother, aged 76, and an aunt to safety before putting out the fire with the help from neighbours, Sandakan Fire and Rescue Station officer-in-charge Mohd Razali Awang Ahmad said.

“Their quick action prevented the fire from spreading and limited the damage to a bed and a wall fan. No casualties were reported in the incident,” he said.

Two fire engines, the emergency medical response service and a utility vehicle with 13 firemen responded on being notified of the blaze at 10.45am.

The housing area is situated off Mile 4 Jalan Utara about 6Km from the Sandakan Fire and Rescue station, Mohd Razali said.

   
Email Print
   
 
 
E-browse