Local
Foreign
Business
Sports
Leisure
BM
Kadazan Dusun
Archives
Latest News
 
Nst-studio
Classifieds
In_sites_link
Football-link
Smbb-logo
Pakakalaja UPPM id DUN tososondii pinokianu popoingkavas kotoinaan |  Polinta monuhung popointutun om mongunsub kopongukaban seni mogisusuvai media |  SABAH NOKOPONUAT GINUMU KOPOPUVAN OM PIDAGANGAN DI KOPONGUNSUB |  Faedah persaraan: Ramai pesara kerajaan kurang kesedaran |  Aspek keselamatan pekerja perlu jadi keutamaan majikan, kata Lee |  ESSCOM rangka kerjasama strategik m'rakat kampung air Bangau-Bangau |  Kerajaan negeri akan bantu promosi teroka seni pelbagai media |  Cadangan Bank Perumahan beri pinjaman kepada golongan berpendapatan rendah dan sederhana |  Musa: Sabah catat jumlah pelaburan dan perdagangan menggalakkan hingga Jun |  Wilayah Utara Australia yakin MAS akan pulih |  POLIS BERJAYA TAHAN 5 SUSPEK CUBA PECAH ATM |  Lahiri sinks 10 birdies, leads Selangor Masters |  Dennis claims Boys’ Under-9 title |  ‘Sports psychology a must for global success’ |  TABS Safa Bandaraya win Under-16 tournament | 
 Local

Bodies of 13 terrorists found in Kg Tanduo, says Zahid

070313p2a
Zahid (left) and Hishammuddin showing a photo of the dead bodies

7th March, 2013

LAHAD DATU: The bodies of 13 armed terrorists have been found in Kampung Tanduo near here during a ‘sweeping and mopping’ operation yesterday following the offensive launched by Malaysian security forces on the stronghold of the intruders in the village.

One of the bodies was that of the terrorist who was shot dead in an exchange of fire with the security forces at 6.45am on Wednesday, said Defence Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.

Speaking at a joint press conference with Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein at 4pm, Ahmad Zahid said nine of the bodies were found in an open grave covered with pieces of planks.

Several photographs of the ‘Op Daulat’ taken by the security forces were distributed to the media, including photographs of the terrorists’ bodies in a grave.

Also distributed was the photograph of a forensic personnel who was attacked by the intruders while inspecting a grave in the village and firearms seized by the security forces.

At the same time, Ahmad Zahid criticised the attitude of the social media that belittled the action of the security forces’ front line by describing it as a drama.

“These photographs show that our security forces have the efficiency to carry out the operation. This is not a drama,” he said.

Meanwhile, Hishammuddin said there were two clashes around the village as members of the military forces and police carried out sweeping and mopping operations.

“At 6.45 this morning, our troops had clashed with the intruders and our security forces shot dead a member of the intruding group.

“At 1.45pm, our forensic team was attacked by the group of intruders while investigating the graveyard where the bodies of the intruders were buried in the village,” he said confirming that no member of the security forces had been injured.

He also said the joint operation by the police and military had found various firearms belonging to the foreign terrorists.

On Tuesday, the security forces launched an air attack using F18 and Hawk fighter jets as the first operation to end the intrusion by the Sulu terrorists since February 12.

Subsequently, a sweeping and mopping operation was carried out on each house in the village measuring four square kilometres to track down the terrorist group.

Since the intrusion by the group of armed men wearing jungle fatigues in Lahad Datu on February 12, eight police personnel and 32 intruders had been killed.

Two members of the VAT 69 police commandos were killed last Friday in an attack at Kampung Tanduo while six other police personnel were killed in an ambush at Kampung Simunul in Semporna on Saturday night.

Hishammuddin said the Op Daulat sweeping and mopping operations, which entered the second day yesterday, had to be carried out carefully to ensure the safety of the security forces and because of the terrain factor of the area in Kampung Tanduo, about 130km from here.

Hishammuddin and Ahmad Zahid urged everyone to give space to the security forces in carrying out their task to ensure that the sovereignty and peace in the east coast of Sabah is guaranteed. – LAHAD DATU: The bodies of 13 armed terrorists have been found in Kampung Tanduo near here during a ‘sweeping and mopping’ operation yesterday following the offensive launched by Malaysian security forces on the stronghold of the intruders in the village.

One of the bodies was that of the terrorist who was shot dead in an exchange of fire with the security forces at 6.45am on Wednesday, said Defence Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.

Speaking at a joint press conference with Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein at 4pm, Ahmad Zahid said nine of the bodies were found in an open grave covered with pieces of planks.

Several photographs of the ‘Op Daulat’ taken by the security forces were distributed to the media, including photographs of the terrorists’ bodies in a grave.

Also distributed was the photograph of a forensic personnel who was attacked by the intruders while inspecting a grave in the village and firearms seized by the security forces.

At the same time, Ahmad Zahid criticised the attitude of the social media that belittled the action of the security forces’ front line by describing it as a drama.

“These photographs show that our security forces have the efficiency to carry out the operation. This is not a drama,” he said.

Meanwhile, Hishammuddin said there were two clashes around the village as members of the military forces and police carried out sweeping and mopping operations.

“At 6.45 this morning, our troops had clashed with the intruders and our security forces shot dead a member of the intruding group.

“At 1.45pm, our forensic team was attacked by the group of intruders while investigating the graveyard where the bodies of the intruders were buried in the village,” he said confirming that no member of the security forces had been injured.

He also said the joint operation by the police and military had found various firearms belonging to the foreign terrorists.

On Tuesday, the security forces launched an air attack using F18 and Hawk fighter jets as the first operation to end the intrusion by the Sulu terrorists since February 12.

Subsequently, a sweeping and mopping operation was carried out on each house in the village measuring four square kilometres to track down the terrorist group.

Since the intrusion by the group of armed men wearing jungle fatigues in Lahad Datu on February 12, eight police personnel and 32 intruders had been killed.

Two members of the VAT 69 police commandos were killed last Friday in an attack at Kampung Tanduo while six other police personnel were killed in an ambush at Kampung Simunul in Semporna on Saturday night.

Hishammuddin said the Op Daulat sweeping and mopping operations, which entered the second day yesterday, had to be carried out carefully to ensure the safety of the security forces and because of the terrain factor of the area in Kampung Tanduo, about 130km from here.

Hishammuddin and Ahmad Zahid urged everyone to give space to the security forces in carrying out their task to ensure that the sovereignty and peace in the east coast of Sabah is guaranteed.

   
Email Print
   
 
 
E-browse
Actionline