Local
Foreign
Business
Sports
Leisure
BM
Kadazan Dusun
Archives
Latest News
 
Nst-studio
Classifieds
In_sites_link
Football-link
Smbb-logo
Chelsea confirm Torres Milan move |  Man United come up short at Tottenham |  China have slim chance of winning |  Fruitful 2014 for Sabah tennis |  Hong Kong raises bird flu alert level as woman critical |  Tens of thousands mourn slain New York cop |  Snow leaves 15,000 stranded in French Alps |  Airworld confident tourism will bounce back |  Bank Rakyat to reschedule repayment of loans by petty traders |  Sabah youth associations need to reach out more |  No weed poisoning in Sabah so far |  Schools need identify assistance required |  AirAsia plane with 162 on board missing en route to Singapore |  AirAsia jet carrying 162 lost over stormy Indonesian waters |  Ruble fall creates turbulence for Russian airlines | 
 Sports

Top shuttlers for Proton International Challenge

11th October, 2011

SANDAKAN: Local badminton fans will have the opportunity to watch top international players from 20 countries in action during the Proton Malaysia International Challenge 2011 at the Sandakan Sports Complex in Sibuga from Nov 22 to 27.

Sabah Badminton Association has been entrusted by the Badminton Association of Malaysia to organise the four-star tournament for the second consecutive year after Kota Kinabalu in 2010.

The Proton Malaysia International Challenge 2011 which offers prize money of US$15,000, is organised with the collaboration of Sandakan Municipal Council and is expected to attract the participation of nearly 200 shuttlers, including 60 from Malaysia.

Sabah Badminton Association Secretary cum Sandakan Badminton Association vice president Tan Chu Cheen briefed State Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Peter Pang En Yin on the progress of their preparations during a courtesy call on the Minister by members of the organising committee here yesterday.

The organising committee included Sandakan Badminton Association president Annie Ho Hee Hiong, secretary Lo Set Nie, assistant secretary Khoo Chui Eng, treasurer Lim Lee Fong and committee member Abdul Rasid Abdul Sani.

The Proton Malaysia International Challenge 2011 is one of the most prestigious tournaments to be staged in Sandakan in the history of Sandakan badminton.

Local badminton fans have been advised not to miss the opportunity to watch top international players from Asia and Europe battling it out on the Sandakan Sports Complex badminton courts next month.

Meanwhile, Datuk Peter Pang said the organising of this international standard badminton tournament in Sandakan would give local enthusiasts of the game the chance to witness top flight badminton on Sandakan courts.

“This is also a boost to the Sandakan economy and tourism as we will have foreign badminton fans converging in Sandakan too to witness the tournament,” Pang said.

   
Email Print
   
 
 
E-browse
Actionline