Local
Business
Sports
Leisure
BM
Kadazan Dusun
EDUCATION
ECO
Archives
Latest News
 
Nst-studio
Motorcyclist, 17, dies after being run over by lorry |  Export, import unit value indices slip 0.02 pct, 0.7 pct in June 2020 – DoSM |  Mitingan poimbida PRN Sabah id suang timpu duvo minggu |  Susumakai motusaikol nopujulan kiniopon noonsulan |  Koonduan dumagang dadah tinaan |  KKJG mampu semarakkan lagi semangat patriotisme |  Minggu suai mesra pelajar baharu PPST UMS secara atas talian |  Penunggang motosikal maut digilis lori |  Polis tahan seorang wanita dipercayai pengedar dadah |  Dua kilang memproses ais beroperasi secara haram diarah tutup di Semporna |  Masidi dilantik Pengerusi Lembaga Pengarah UMS |  UMS sedia dana RM7.6 juta Geran Pemulihan Impak COVID-19 |  Tidak patuh SOP PKPP, dua peniaga dikompaun RM1,000 |  New COVID-19 clusters will not affect M-League restart |  Minor setback for Tambadau | 
 Business

Bank Muamalat allots RM10 mln for SMEs under SIRIM-Fraunhofer scheme

15th January, 2020

KUALA LUMPUR: Bank Muamalat Malaysia has allocated RM10 million to provide financing facilities for 200 small and medium enterprises (SMEs) – particularly those in the manufacturing-related services sector – under the SIRIM-Fraunhofer Programme.

Bank Muamalat’s business banking division head, Nor Hamidah Abu Bakar, said by partnering with SIRIM, the bank can fulfil the financial needs of SMEs and help them improve their productivity through the use of technology to stay competitive with the Fourth Industrial Revolution (IR4.0).

“The programme will provide eligible SMEs with grants based on a 80:20 principle, whereby 80 per cent will be in the form of grants from SIRIM while the bank will provide financing facility for the remaining 20 per cent,” she said at the memorandum of understanding (MoU) document exchange ceremony between Bank Muamalat and SIRIM Bhd here Tuesday.

Nor Hamidah said the maximum financing facility is RM50,000 per SME while the grant is up to RM200,000 per SME, which will be channelled in the form of machinery and equipment.

Meanwhile, SIRIM Industrial Reseach vice president, Ir Dr Mohamad Jamil Sulaiman, said 681 companies participated in the SIRIM-Fraunhofer Programme from 2016 to 2019, adapting the approach of the Fraunhofer Institute of Germany which has been very successful in assisting companies in Europe.

“The companies have undergone a technology audit under the programme, conducted by qualified auditors comprising SIRIM researchers and engineers.

“It provides an avenue for companies to assess their technology management capabilities and understand their strengths and weaknesses as well as potential areas for improvement,” he said.

Mohamad Jamil said in the previous SIRIM-Fraunhofer Programme, SIRIM provided 80 per cent grant while the SMEs needed to contribute 20 per cent of the total project cost.

He added that SIRIM acknowledges that certain SMEs had difficulties in providing the 20 per cent company contribution.

“Due to that, the approved project could not be implemented, preventing the SMEs from reaping the full advantages,” he said.

He said Bank Muamalat is the first institution to offer financial support to SMEs under this programme. At the ceremony, Bank Muamalat was represented by Nor Hamidah and SIRIM by Mohamad Jamil.

Also present were Bank Muamalat chief executive officer, Khairul Kamarudin, and SIRIM president and group chief executive, Prof Ir Dr Ahmad Fadzil Mohamad Hani. –Bernama

   
Email Print