Local
Business
Sports
Leisure
BM
Kadazan Dusun
EDUCATION
ECO
Archives
Latest News
 
Nst-studio
57 never before published Dusun folk tales added to State Library |  Labuan Chimney Walking Trail kopongimbayat tutumombului |  JBA Labuan nokotoimo sakadai RM140.2 lizong |  RM217 lizong gunoon ponoodo projik kotundaan id Ranau |  Polis tahan dua lelaki tempatan, rampas dua laras senapang angin |  PGA akan dilengkapi Unit Tiger Platoon |  Program Career & Education Fair dedah rancang kerjaya |  Masalah rumah tidak terjual di Sabah tidak serius |  Michelin welcomes first flagship store for premium performance-oriented tyres |  Fabio to add more punch for Interior |  Police arrest two men, seize homemade airgun |  Marine police nab 24 illegals, thwarts fish bombing |  Tour boat drivers tested positive for meth |  New Grouper catches Chief Minister’s attention |  Ministry to tackle overhang property issue | 
 Sports

Respect Chong Wei's stand – Syed Saddiq

210319-back-a
CHONG WEI … who won the Malaysian Open 12 times, would not be defending the championship this time.

21st March, 2019

PUTRAJAYA: The withdrawal of national badminton ace from the Malaysian Open Badminton Championship next week is apt since the player is in the process of recovering his health.

Minister of Youth and Sports (MOYS) Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman said he respected Chong Wei’s stand to prioritise his health and the ministry also understood that the player’s recovery required time.

“As I have said prior to this, we will give him full support. Chong Wei is a national hero and we want to ensure he recovers fully.

“We do not want any action that is taken to affect his health,’’ he told reporters when met at the MOYS Tower here yesterday.

The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) on Tuesday confirmed that Chong Wei had withdrawn from the Malaysian Open on April 2-7 after he was advised by the specialist doctor treating him in Taiwan against participating in the championship.

The former world’s number one player did not participate in any championships after he was confirmed to be suffering from nose cancer in July last year.

The decision meant that Chong Wei, who won the Malaysian Open 12 times, would not be defending the championship this time. – Bernama

   
Email Print
   
 
 
E-browse